Planning & Feasibility Studies
Alta Bicycle Share can help you understand whether a bicycle share is right for your city, town, college or university, or company. Following are some of the factors we analyze:
- Population structure, income, transportation, employment, recreation, and/or retail centers, bicycle and pedestrian networks and other important urban-related variables that are known to influence cycling;
- Potential for demand for a range of different bike sharing customer profiles;
- A Price-Elasticity of Demand (PED) analysis according to bike sharing customer type in order to assess its impact on established potential for demand of service;
- Using existing transit and commuting data, we can estimate the potential mode shift due to a bike share.
In addition, we can create a detailed business plan for different kinds of bike shares, including:
- Startup funds required;
- Subscription rate and usage;
- Fee structure;
- Total revenues; and
- Detailed operating and maintenance costs, both pre-launch and on an annual basis, including employee expense, direct expenses, and bicycle and station maintenance hard costs.
With all this information, we can help you evaluate the true feasibility of beginning a bike share.
Click here to learn more about our planning process.