About Alta Bicycle Share, Inc.
We are a leader in designing, deploying and managing bicycle share systems, around the world. We provide solutions for all aspects of bike share, from location assessment and business modeling to system maintenance and expansion. We also bring the unparalleled design experience of Alta Planning + Design to design bike share systems which succeed in the long-term. Alta's comprehensive approach to planning and operating a bike system is proven in the systems we currently manage and are expanding.
Our passion for bike share comes from the belief that creating sustainable and enjoyable environments is essential to the human experience. Our bicycle systems revolutionize urban environments, but we also bring this ethos to the workplace. From the quality of our work to the quality of our lives, Alta Bicycle Share believes in a holistic, inclusive, and evolutionary philosophy. We encourage and value diversity, creativity, open communication, and a shared sense of responsibility — with each other, our communities, and the world. We take pride in our company, and our mission to expand and mainstream bicycle ridership by designing, deploying, and managing world-class bicycle transit systems.
Board of Directors Michael Jones, CEO Mia Birk, Vice-President George Hudson Jeff Olson Steve Durrant Brett Hondorp
Leadership Management Council Michael Pagnozzi, Chief Managing Officer Edward Inlow, Chief Operating Officer Hasib Ikramullah, Launch Director James Paulson, Director of Human Resources Kathy Cooke, Director of Support Services and Risk Management
Project Directors Jaison Hoernel, Melbourne Bikeshare - Melbourne, AU Eric Gilliland, Capital Bikeshare - Washington, DC; Arlington and Alexandria, VA Emily Stapleton, Hubway - Boston-Metro, MA Elliot Greenberger, Divvy Bikes - Chicago, IL Matt Berlin, NYC Bicycle Share, LLC - New York, NY Derek Wurst, Bike Chattanooga, - Chattanooga, TN Heather Bowden, CoGo Bikeshare - Columbus, OH Kansas Waugh, Bay Area Bike Share - Bay Area, CA Scott Hancock, Bike Share Toronto - Toronto, ON
Our core values include:
- Excellence - we aim to achieve excellence at everything we undertake.
- Amazing client service - competence and accountability to our clients. It's why we do what we do.
- Integrity, respect, honesty and humility - in everything we do, in both our work and personal lives.
- Walk the walk - we don't get into our gas-guzzlers at the end of the day. We try to make the environmentally conscious decisions in our everyday lives, as well as in all aspects of our work.
- Teamwork - we come together to serve our customers and clients, and understand that sometimes the interests of the team must come before individual interests.
- Creativity and innovation - taking risks is when innovation happens. We believe that everyone has something unique to offer, and we must keep pushing the envelope to create positive change.
- Seek diversity - diversity comes in many shapes and forms, from education and career experience, socio-economic background, religion, color of one's skin. We believe that diverse viewpoints lead to a better business that can connect with more people.
- Flexibility and embracing change - in this new and evolving business of bike sharing, we must be dynamic and be ready to extend our skills beyond our zone of comfort.
- Passion and determination - changing the world is not always an easy thing. To make things happen, we must never take "no" for an answer show endless perseverance to achieve our vision.
The Alta Family
Alta Bicycle Share operates in partnership with a group of companies that together offer the full range of services needed to take your bicycle share program from concept to reality. Deployment, operations and system marketing are our core competencies. We bring a comprehensive approach, proven world-class service, and expertise built on successes from around the globe, from branding to health and safety practices.
NYC Bike Share LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alta Bicycle Share, Inc which operates Citi Bike, the largest bike share system in North America.
Alta Planning + Design is North America’s leading multimodal transportation firm that specializes in the planning, design and implementation of bicycle, pedestrian, greenway, and trail corridors and systems. Alta Planning + Design are skilled in all facets of bicycle share program development, including feasibility assessment, demand modeling, business plan development, and station location design, planning, and permitting.
Alta is pleased to team up with 8D Technologies to provide the next generation of world-class bike share systems. For further information on our partnership see our press release